|Spicy Beef Fried Rice|
This is a meal on its own, and pretty easy to prepare. It's practically just tossing a bunch of ingredients together and ending up with a tasty and fulfilling meal. You can use any kind of meat as well, not just ground beef. As you can see from the image, I decided to put some rosemary in the rice. You can make do without the rosemary, because I included it just as an experiment, and it's not something I usually put in fried rice. I liked the taste of the rosemary though, it was a nice contrast to the spiciness and it gave of a neat aroma to the dish as well. :)
This recipe serves one, but if you want to make it on a larger scale, then just add rice and it will still work well with the rest of the measurements (unless you decide to put in mountains of rice :p).
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup rice
- 1 bulb garlic, chopped
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 long green pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 200g ground beef
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan. Saute the garlic, onion and green pepper until cooked.
- Add the meat and cook until ready.
- Add the rice, oyster sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Combine until the rice is coated brown. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.