|Creamy Bacon Pasta|
In most Filipino households, this dish is more commonly known as Carbonara. However, I know the traditional Carbonara recipe is based on eggs, and... I didn't use any eggs for this dish. Anyhow, because of that, I thought it would be more fair to call it Creamy Bacon Pasta instead (really simple name)! It's an easy dish, and it took me around half an hour to prepare and cook. I didn't have any parsley around, but if you do, then you might want to try including it in the recipe. Put in a healthy amount!
- 1/2 kilo pasta (I used penne)
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose cream
- 6 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic bulb, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Fry bacon until golden brown. Drain grease and set aside.
- Saute diced onion, garlic and chopped tomato. Add cream, bacon, and Parmesan (allow it to melt in the cream). Add salt and pepper to your preference.
- Simmer until slightly thickened.
- Add pasta and enjoy!